Our History

St. Paul’s congregation first gathered in 1967 in the parsonage located at 1800Red Coach Drive.  Rev. William Wineberg met with families until we were large enough to move to the Peebles Fire Hall.  The Evangelical United Brethern Church gave seven acres of land to St. Paul’s.  On September 10, 1967 the congregation signed its charter as the first United Methodist church in the country.

Our building has always been considered a tool for ministry.  The original building was constructed from prefab, trailer-like units.  Additional building projects were completed in 1972, 1984, 1997, and 2001.  The mortgage was paid off in July 2011 with generous gifts from Richard Conaway and Hester Munden.

As we live into the reality of no mortgage indebtedness, we become more focused on fulfilling our vision of becoming a broad-based community ministrering to all.  Missions, outreach, children, youth and building support will be emphasized as we seek to find ways to become the hands and feet of Christ in our community, nation and the world.

All are invited to become a part of this journey as we strive to become a broad-based community of faith ministering to all.

St. Paul’s Welcome Video (click here)

St. Paul’s 50th Anniversary Celebration

St. Paul’s began in 1966 by meeting in the pastor’s home at 1800 Red Coach Drive but soon moved to the Peebles Fire Hall.  In 1967 ground was given by Evangelical United Brethren Church at our current location.  Check out our 50th Anniversary Facebook page to see and share photos and stories!

Anniversary Weekend Videos